OCAD is an intergenerational collective of undocumented and formerly detained immigrants who come together to fight against deportations and criminalization. OCAD defends communities, challenges the institutions that target and dehumanizes communities of color, and builds collective power through grassroots organizing and cross-movement building. OCAD fights alongside families and individuals challenging these systems to create an environment for their communities to work, organize, and thrive with happiness and without fear.
Profits to Organized Communities Against Deportations
Tres leches with strawberries
- Read Captivity Beyond Prisons: Criminalization Experiences of Latina (Im)migrants by Martha D. Escobar
- Watch “The Infiltrators “
- Read “Are Prisons Obsolete?” by Angela Davis
- Watch Dylan Rodríguez, Abolition is our Obligation (6 minute video)
- Follow IG accounts @femalecollective and @defundcpd
Justice Cream currently has half-gallon quantities available for pickup in Logan Square. To see what is currently in stock and to place an order for pickup, please complete the Google form here. For catering (Chicago only), please submit an inquiry/request here. Thank you for your support!